Fujifilm has released a large firmware update for the mirrorless X-T2. Thanks to it, the camera will be introduced as many as 9 changes.
This is the fourth version of the software for the Fujifilm X-T2, which debuted on the market two years ago. This model is very popular because it offers really good quality of photos and comfort of work. Firmware version 4.00 introduces some additional improvements that will certainly please many users. Among the new products, it is worth mentioning, for example, improving the camera's film capabilities. The producer adds slow-motion Full HD mode at 120 fps and the F-Log color profile. However, this is not the end of the changes, because the AF system has also been improved continuously. Below is a full list of news that the update introduces.
Fujifilm X-T2 – new features
- Additional features of the "Focus Bracketing" function – The Focus Bracketing allows photographers to register up to 999 images as part of the bracketing function. When the photographer starts shooting, the focus position is moved each time the shutter is activated by one step of focusing. The size of this step can be set in the range from 1 to 10.
- Compatibility with newly developed cinematographic lenses FUJINON MKX18-55mmT2.9 and FUJINON MKX50-135mmT2.9 The new version of the company will ensure compatibility with the newly developed FUJINON MKX18-55mmT2.9 and FUJINON MKX50-135mmT2.9 lenses> The information on the aperture value can be displayed on the monitor. The update will allow users to select T or F.> The update will allow users to check the set focus distance based on the distance indicator displayed on the monitor. > Automatic correction of distortion and color / brightness of shadows. > The camera automatically calculates white balance based on the position of the lens and provides color expression with photosensitive film modes.
- Enlarged or adjustable indicators and information The new version allows you to zoom in on the indications and information in the viewfinder and / or the camera's LCD screen. You can also customize the location for presenting information on the display.
- Adding information about the value of F (F-log) when writing to the SD card. The Nava firmware version allows users to record the value of F (F-log) together with the data of the film material stored on the SD card.
- Adding 1080 / 120P movie mode with high speed The introduced upgrade allows users to film 1080 / 120P / high frame rate / (possibility to release 1/2, 1/4 and 1/5 motion), which is ideal for creating spectacular footage saved in slow motion
- Improved AF based on phase detection The latest updates to the AF algorithm have improved the following autofocus: O 1.5 EV [from 0.5EV to -1E] improved the low illumination limit for phase detection based AF, which increased the precision and speed of autofocus in weak situations lighting. The range of the minimum aperture has been extended from F8 to F11. For example, even when using the XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR lens with the XF2X TC WR teleconverter, you can use autofocus based n phase detection. Significant improvements have been made to the performance of continuous autofocus (AF-C) during zoom operations, making it easier to take sports shots and photograph other motifs in which objects move in an unpredictable manner. Now, as a result of the improved AF operation based on phase detection, you can quickly capture in the frame the full details of the surface texture of bird feathers or animal hair.
- "Flicker reduction" function. In order to improve the quality of sports photos taken on the premises, the newly introduced feature allows users to reduce the flickering in the pictures, resulting from fluorescent lighting, so that the photographs obtained are just as good as with other light sources.
- "Select Folder" and "Create Folder" functions. Allows you to select the folder in which subsequent photos will be saved. The user will also have the option of entering a five-character folder name to create a new folder for recording subsequent photos.
- Adding a new function that allows you to save and read camera settings through the software – FUJIFILM X Acquire. After connecting the camera with a computer with a USB cable, the "FUJIFILM X Acquire" software will allow you to backup / restore the camera settings. Settings are saved to a file or restored from the corresponding file. When using the "FUJIFILM X Acquire" application (version 1.7 or newer), the CUSTOM REGISTRATION / EDIT settings are also saved and read [Registration / edit custom settings].
You can download the new firmware from the manufacturer's website . Then install them in the camera through special software.