March 6, 2015 in Poznan and Krakow on March 13 will be another edition of free workshops with photo printing, color management and lighting.During the workshop, photography enthusiasts and professionals, working every day with photographic prints at the points of printing, photographic studios and laboratories, they will know and see in action the latest technologies to obtain photographic prints from your digital photos, such as:
- Photo Printers for ambitious photographers Epson SureColor SC-P600 and L1800 Epson;
- dry minilab to study and Epson photo labs SureLab SL-D700;
- sublimation printer for plant photo, photo booths and events DNP DS620;
- monitors for photographers ColorEdge CS240, CX241 and CG247 Equipment and software for calibration and profiling X-Rite;
- inkjet papers SIHL MASTERCLASS, FOMEI Collection, FomeiJet and HARMAN by Hahnemühle.
During the meeting the following topics will be discussed:
- Color management in the workplace photographer – operating principle.
- The differences between the devices in the process of creating a digital image.
- Color control and color balance of digital SLR.
- File format – RAW or JPG – differences in color reproduction.
- Basic models and color spaces in photography – RGB or CMYK?
- ICC profiles – what they are and why they are so important?
- Monitor to work with photography – selection, calibration and profiling.
- Calibration software and hardware – the differences and opportunities.
- Color Management in Adobe Photoshop.
- Soft proofs – simulation of print colors in Adobe Photoshop and the Mirage.
- Proofing and soft proofs – when to apply, what to watch.
- Prepare and print photos using ICC profiles.
- The influence of the environment on reproduction of colors on the monitor and prints.
- Inkjet Paper – review a wide variety of substrates for inkjet printers – from the basic glossy coated paper substrates to exclusive matt art (Fine Art, Canvas) and archival (Baryta, Fibre Base, 100% Cotton).
In the second part of the meeting, held from 14:00 to 16:00 (the first will take place from 10:00 to 14:00), will discuss issues related to, inter alia, from:
- Modern concepts of studio lighting FOMEI
- What is important when choosing a studio flash?
- How to use the equipment to use it effectively?
- Why is it so important to the repeatability of color temperature and flash?
- New and unusual features studio lighting.
- Photography with a single light source – facts and myths.
- Outdoor lighting power supplies and generators – the differences, advantages and disadvantages of both solutions.